Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break Ramble

It's Spring Break and my head is empty. It is 11:02 in the morning and I'm still in my pajamas while my girlfriend is hard at work, working to pay the mortgage, etc...

I would love to be working, but I'm not allowed, by law, to work in my chosen profession until 2o12. Will the singularity be here by then? I don't know - I don't think so, which vaguely reminds me of a dream: swallowing the genetic improvements or something...

Anyway, I'm all for progress as long as I can revert back to the old way when I want. When I got a new cell phone I was very resistant, and very indignant when the pimply faced boy told me they no longer carried my phone (Nokia 3012). In the end I upgraded to a Sony Ericsson, which I now love, and put my Nokia lovingly in the box thinking I would take it out and use it in the future for 'something'. Well, I have taken it out exactly 3 times to turn it on and play my favorite ring tone, the chicken dance, then put it back. The only thing I miss is the chicken dance and the fact that I could lay the phone on its edge and spin it around.

Anyway, I'd better get dressed and do something. I can't tell if anyone at all reads this blog, so if by some chance you do, please comment so I know...


rambling to the void
rK

No comments: