Monday, March 10, 2008

Cruise to Cabo part 1

I took the Carnival Elation to Cabo San Lucas last week. I was expecting to like Mexico more than the Cruise Ship, but I found the opposite. I really enjoyed the cruise ship and Cabo was kinda like some parts of many California towns. The most remarkable thing is how hard they hustled for the American dollar. If you made eye contact they would surround you asking if you wanted a water taxi, or whatever. I must look like a drug addict because I was constantly offered weed and coke. I ended up getting an ostrich skin wallet and a pair of silver cufflinks for a fairly good price. I was typically able to talk them down 10-15% off the asking price. We ate lunch at a taqueria which is much like any taqueria you can find in California. I had to ask them to turn off the 80's rock because I didn't come all the way from America to listen to Bon Jovi.

Something to know about the cruise ship:
$6 ATM fee, so make sure you have all the cash you need
$2.39 Cokes, but the apple juice is free
$8 drinks, for you lushes
Some friends took Cabo by Land and Sea and said it sucked.

I will publish photos in my next post, but I gotta go do homework now...

rK

1 comment:

rK said...

There should be keywords with this:
Cabo San Lucas
Carnival Elation
Cruise
Mexico